I love mother-son bonding moments in the kitchen. I asked my son, Andrew to join me as I made homemade pasta for our lunch today. He gladly jumped in and tried it out. He kneaded the dough until smooth and pliable, pauses for a mini break and he tells me… “Mom, this is fun” My 19 year old son, making pasta? That’s awesome. I thank God for these bonding moments and it brings me so much joy , knowing that he enjoys to cook and experiment in the kitchen. 🙂
Here’s Drew working the pasta machine 🙂
Andrew’s little helper?! 😉
Pasta is quite easy to make. It takes a little bit of practice and elbow grease, but it’s a fun stress relieving activity. Good for taking out any agression you may have 😉
3 cups All purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
4 pcs Eggs, Large
- On your clean countertop, make a well using the flour, add the salt and add in the eggs. slowly incorporate the eggs until it forms into a dough. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes or until the dough is not longer sticky and is pliable. NOTE** (you can do this step using a bowl as well. Place all the ingredients in and fully incorporating them until it forms into a dough)
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest for about 30 minutes.
- Cut a small piece of the dough and place it onto the pasta maker’s largest setting (1) and run the dough through at least twice.
- Turn the knob down to 2, and go through it once…. do this until you hit no 6 or the second to the last setting.
- When the pasta dough is thinned out, run the dough in the fetuccine blade and set aside.
- Once the dough has rested, take a rolling pin and roll out your pasta until your desired thickness. Try to get it as thin as you can making sure that your bench is floured to prevent sticking.
- Fold the pasta lengthwise (please make sure that it is lightly floured to prevent sticking). Using a sharp knife, cut the pasta into your desired thickness. Lossen and set aside.
READY TO BOIL:
- In a stockpot, add water and bring to a rolling boil and add salt. Make sure that the water is salty.
- Add your pasta and cook for about 2-3 minutes until al dente.
- Serve with your fave pasta sauce.